Invitation to an international online scientific conference
The Department of Mediterranean Politics and Culture
of the Institute of European Studies at the Jagiellonian University
cordially invites you to
AN INTERNATIONAL ONLINE ACADEMIC CONFERENCE
EUROPEAN CITIES IN THE PROCESS
OF CONSTRUCTING AND TRANSMITTING
EUROPEAN CULTURAL HERITAGE
Kraków , 6 may 2021
The conference is the outcome of an international project carried out at the Institute of European Studies of the Jagiellonian University, as part of the Erasmus+ Programme (Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices. Strategic Partnerships for higher education: nr ref. 2018-1-PL01-KA203-050963).
The conference will be an opportunity to discuss the issues of constructing and transferring the cultural heritage of Europe, its multicultural image, and its international character in selected European cities.
Within the framework of this overarching idea for the meeting, we will also cover the following issues:
- Cities as shaping the sense of social and cultural unity of Europeans, strengthening of European identity and active citizenship
- European cultural heritage as shaping city narrative
- Common past - common heritage - common future for Europeans
- European cities in the face of cultural diffusion and migration in Europe
- Memory, oblivion and nostalgia in the symbolic space of European cities
- The "new European Bauhaus" - European cities and their legacy after the pandemic.
The conference programme assumes panels of up to five speakers, during which there will be an opportunity to deliver 15-minutes contributions to be followed by questions and discussion.
The conference will be organised into three panel sessions:
- First panel session in Polish (9.00 am -11.00 am)
- Second panel session in English (11.00 am – 1.00 pm)
- Session for MA students and PhD candidates (1.00 pm - 3.00 pm)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, the conference will be held online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The organisers plan to publish selected conference papers in Politeja: The Journal of the Faculty of International and Political Studies of the Jagiellonian University.
Conference participation is free of charge, whereas in the case of qualifying articles for publication, a fee of 45 € will be required.
We are looking forward to your participation in this conference. We kindly request that you confirm your participation and send the proposed topic of your contribution along with the completed application form by 28 April 2021 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
On behalf of the academic and organising committee
Dr Elżbieta Mach, Prof. Joanna Sondel-Cedarmas
Details and the application form are available for download in the attachment.